Day one – Monday 2 August 2021
Please note, all timings are in AEST
08:15 – 09:25
09:25 – 09:35
Chair’s opening remarks
09:35 – 09:50
Welcome from CIPS
09:50 – 10:30
Ensuring your supply chain is innovative and fit for the future
Taking the opportunity to rebuild sustainably and integrate social value creation into your supply chain
Applying risk avergence strategies to strengthen resilience against natural emergencies
10:30 – 11:00
- How have leadership strategies and approaches adapted during the crisis?
- The importance of collaboration to improve outcomes and identify opportunities for innovation
- How to move forward and safeguard vulnerable supply chains in ANZ?
11:00 – 11:30
Morning networking break
11:30 – 12:00
- What are the best practices for reporting and implementation?
- Looking beyond compliance to implementing good governance to minimise the risk of labour abuses in supply chains
- Leveraging competitive advantage for your business and supply chains
12:00 – 12:30
- Closely aligning your sourcing strategy with business needs and goals
- Considering near-shoring options and incorporating more sustainable practices in your plan
- Ensuring to mitigate geopolitical instability and minimise risk
- Political and economic dynamics with China
12:30 – 13:30
Lunch break and networking
13:30 – 15:05
Technology and Digitalisation
Social value and Sustainability
13:30 – 14:05
- Identifying the best-fit technological solutions for your organisational needs
- Implementing digital transformation smoothly
- Get smarter with technology and adopting a strategic approach to processes
- How do you manage environmental exposure in your supply chain?
- Effectively monitoring CSR impact across your supply chain
- Measuring the effectiveness of your supply chain sustainability initiative
- Assessing and measuring potential risks in the supply chain
- Implementing effective risk aversion strategies
- Learning from examples of real-life risk avoidance
14:05 – 14:35
- What impact can technology have on people’s roles?
- How can the profession evolve with the aid of digitalisation?
- How is cutting-edge technology currently being utilised in the industry?
- Unlocking business value through sustainability
- Maximising social value through contracts
- Why and how to ensure your suppliers also prioritise sustainable practice for mutual gain
- What technologies can support your risk strategy?
- What is the business case for implementing new risk solutions?
- How can blockchain help avoid supply chain risks?
14:35 – 15:05
- How AI can change procurement models for the benefit of the team
- Choosing the right AI solution to invest in
- Delivering more efficient bottom-line impact with the help of AI
- Why sustainability should be a core business value
- Investing in sustainable practice for consumer and employee buy-in
- Winning hearts and minds through effective story-telling
- How are risks changing and how should our organisations be responding to them?
- Exercising a what-if mentality
- What are the risks associated with people not having the right skillset?
15:05 – 15:35
Afternoon networking break
15:35 – 16:10
- How do we continue to add strategic value to the organisation?
- Building stakeholder engagement to transform procurement into a business critical function
- Thinking business first and function second – how to reinvent ourselves to keep up with business developments
16:10 – 16:50
- Inspirational business leader’s journey talking about their experiences building a career from procurement to the top
- How procurement has added value to their skillset as a leader
- Bringing procurement to the board and overcoming leadership challenges
- Coming from a procurement background what do you expect your procurement team to deliver?
16:50 – 17:00
CIPS closing remarks